Rescue

 Rescue. The feeling of Rescue is so rewarding. Imagine in this matter you can change an animals life just cause you were there and were put there in the right place at the right time specifically for a specific animal and make them feel what is is to save them and change their life. They deserve that much! Gods creatures are one of our gifts from God. I’m getting a bit religious so if it’s not for you, you can wait till I write my next Journal for the day, I understand. The main topic tho here is Rescue and it’s rescuing animals. 

How did I start with animal rescue, well I have to say because of my daughter Jenny. It’s now been over 10 years and don’t regret one day of it. It’s very difficult, challenging, you want to give up at a point, it’s so many things. I go by a my own theory, if you are going to do something, either you do it right or don’t do it at all. That’s what I do with my petsitting business which I will journal another time and Rescue is what brought me to my business today. See, when you are dealing with a breathing animal just like a human either you love what you do or don’t do it at all. This is the same with Rescue. Imagine tho with Rescue you waste a lot of money, you don’t make money. Anyways, let’s get into the nitty witty of this animal as we may say. 

In Rescue you are all in and then also ask for help when you need it. My Rescue years over 10 years ago we’re a unique adventure which I did with my daughter Jenny and now in 2022 am going into it again but making it a bit easier cause that was difficult what we did. We saved dogs mainly also some cats. We saved the dogs from high kill shelters. We took the dog that was going to be euthanized first. See, I never knew that existed. Why would a dog be put down if they aren’t sick?!  Well, that dog has to be put down to accept a new dog the next day. I was in the shelter one day because I needed to give a rabi shot to one of my own dogs or it might have been something else well I thought to myself let me see those dogs in need of home. Little by little I sadly learned about all this giving up pets. What shelters do. See regularly shelters can fit up to 300 animals. Well, if they can only fit that many and just only the next day more come in, we’ll they need the space. I didn’t know that.  That day I discovered a dog was gonna be put down and it was her last day Im like you are coming home with me I’ll find you a good home. So I did. It didn’t take long. I kept going back to the shelter to save more as I saved one by one. Then I got into transporting dogs to rescues and that also was successful I remember a Rottweiler and the rescue warned me that the dog was big. I thought to myself what’s the big deal. Well funny enough all this Rottweiler had to do was to move a little and I went down. The Rottweiler looked at me like. “What, I just wanted to be here not there.”  My daughter being with me at everything that had to do with rescue couldn’t stop laughing and then I started to laugh. I thought this is what it is so we go with it. 

As we kept saving dogs we would check out people and their homes to make sure they were a fit. We told them if you at a point you don’t want the dog you call us. We did get a few calls but we found them new homes. I remember a yorkie once being surrendered i asked the owners but why would you surrender a one year old yorkie, well they told me she had fleas. I told the couple give her to me I’ll fix her up and find her a new home so that’s what happened. I wanted to cry. Why would someone do such a thing?!  I found her the best house and the new owner even asked me but what’s wrong with the dog, I said nothing, she had fleas and ticks I removed them and she’s all fine.. We’ll see that new owner didn’t believe anyone would be capable of doing such a thing but people do worst. 

I’ve seen so much bad out there and can’t get I to much  but, there is a lot of bad out there when it comes to animals, shelters, individuals. Bad rescues, and so much more  well, I started again and will see what’s out there these days but in a little time I see it’s all the same nothing changed.  Well, I’m ready, for what I have, bring it on!

Your turn!


Comments